I don't know if it's mandatory (I would assume so, since it's said over the intercom system), but we say the pledge every day, first thing in the morning.
Here in NC a couple of months ago , the State General Assembly passed a law requiring the daily recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance and the displaying of the State and US flag in all public schools . This is long overdue in my opinion but the sad thing is many classrooms have no flag . Some classes say the Pledge to a wall others have a picture of a flag . When I attended the old Wise Primary , Wise Elem (the old red school ) Carnes Middle school in BSG and even PVHS , I can't remember not having a flag in every room . Before this law passed , it was encouraged but not required . Maybe this is a step in the right direction. NC is one of 37 states that require a daily Pledge and 6 other states are optional . Does anyone know about Va.? What are your thoughts ?
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
I don't know if it's mandatory (I would assume so, since it's said over the intercom system), but we say the pledge every day, first thing in the morning.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
Been required for the last 6-7 years in Virginia.
It's good to see we still have respect for our country in the schools. But without God, how far does that get us?
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
[ QUOTE ]
It's good to see we still have respect for our country in the schools. But without God, how far does that get us?
[/ QUOTE ]
Nowhere.
Bookmarks